These cron jobs update tables with ES triggers, but don't need to
trigger them:

core cron jobs
recalculate_quota - updates tables 'usr' and 'group'
cron_site_data_daily - updates 'site_data', 'view_visit', 'view'
user_login_tries_to_zero - updates 'usr'

interaction plugin cron
 interaction_forum_new_post - 'interaction_forum_post' sets sent=1

on #mahara-dev or forum before editing or unsubscribing it!

  Some cron jobs cause elasticsearch queue to populate when it doesn't
  need to

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  We only record certain information in elasticsearch but we queue
  things even if unrecorded information changes because we use
  triggers/procedures on the tables

  Example, when the recalculate_quota cron runs it works out what the
  user quota should be and then updates all the users in usr table that
  need fixing. This table has a trigger on it so all users needing
  updating are added to queue to be indexed.

  On a big site that can mean thousands of users being indexed. But we
  don't record quota in elasticsearch so we don't need to index this

  It would be good to be able to drop/add elasticsearch triggers during
  cron process for certain cron jobs like we do in upgrade.php script

    ... do cron job ...

Mailing list:
Post to     :
Unsubscribe :