  IPv6 Compliance

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Mahara: 15.04
  DB: any
  Browser: any
  OS: any

  Currently, Mahara is not compliant with the IPv6 protocol.

  Some places that need to change (where IP addresses are
  validated/checked):

   - SAML auth - validate URL Syntax (preg_match for IPv6 also).

   - DB: table - host.ipaddress needs to cater for 128 bit address.

   - Peer bootstrap:
       1) preg-match should also include IPv6 format;
       2) use of PHP function gethostbyname().

   - Zend third part library - current version only supports IPv4. We
  currently use version 1.10.6.

   MNET heavily relise on Zend.
   The latest Zend is on version 3. But there is a release for 1.12.11 - which
still doesn't support IPv6 (as far as I can tell).