** Changed in: mahara
    Milestone: 18.04.0 => 18.10.0

  Refactor duplicate collections access code in index.php &
  index.json.php

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  After patch https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/5695/6 for Bug1514374,
  we've now got duplicate code it htdocs/collection/index.php and
  htdocs/collection/index.json.php, for checking whether the user has
  access to the particular collections they're trying to look at.

  This kind of duplication stands a high likelihood of falling out of
  sync if changes are made to the access code in the future, so we
  should abstract it out into a common access method that gets called by
  both scripts.

  The code is not *exactly* the same in both places. index.php
  intersperses it with code to set the menu headers, and index.json.php
  sends an error via json_reply on failure, while index.php throws an
  AccessDeniedException(). So it will require a little bit of thinking
  to do it. But it's not impossible.