As we have set the uploader in image block to use browser/OS default for
capture it is beyond the scope of Mahara to make this decision

** Changed in: mahara/18.10

** Changed in: mahara/18.10
    Milestone: 18.10rc2 => 18.10.0

** Changed in: mahara/18.04

  Can't upload images previously taken on Mobile device

Status in Mahara:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mahara 18.04 series:
  Fix Committed
Status in Mahara 18.10 series:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Hi All,

  After upgrading from 15.04 to 18.04 a fair amount of previous students
  have complained that they can no longer upload images when using
  Mahara from their mobile device. (Web, not app).

  Typically when uploading an image using image block, students would be
  prompted to choose if they wanted to capture an image or upload from
  their Gallery. This option seems to have disappeared and now opens
  camera without any prompt.

  I've managed to circumvent it slightly by instructing students to
  insert a Text block and from there insert an image from the Word
  Processing bar as a temporary measure.

  I tested on demo.mahara and this is persistent here also.

  # To replicate: (tested on iOS and Android)
  - Log into mahara on Smart phone
  - Open a page and click edit
  - Insert an image block
  - Select 'Choose image'