Hi Kristina,

We are working on the Mahara 18.10.0 upgrade and this is still an issue.
We are still using the workaround.

Please, re-open this issue.

Sorry, forgot to comment after the 17.10 testing.

Kind regards,
Yaju Mahida

  SAML SSO authentication doesn't work as SimpleSAMLphp generates non-
  existent AssertionConsumerServiceURL

Status in Mahara:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Wrong AssertionConsumerServiceURL is genereated in SAML2-AuthRequest.

  Mahara 16.10.3 and CentOS Linux release 7.2

  Since 16.10.x release, the SimpleSAMLphp library is included as a
  managed dependency with the Mahara codebase.

  We noticed that before sending an AuthRequest to an IDP, it generates
  wrong AssertionConsumerServiceURL behaving like it is hosted
  separately with Mahara which ends up in SSO failure.

  In our case, it generates
https://localhost/simplesaml/module.php/saml/sp/saml2-acs.php/default-sp
  instead of https://localhost/auth/saml/sp/saml2-acs.php/default-sp.

  We tracked down that it is generated using 'baseurlpath' => 'simplesaml/'
defined in htdocs/auth/saml/config/config.php
  and

$ar->setAssertionConsumerServiceURL(SimpleSAML_Module::getModuleURL('saml/sp/saml2-acs.php/'
 . $this->authId)); defined in
htdocs/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/modules/saml/lib/Auth/Source/SP.php line
189.

  As a workaround, we have hacked the SimpleSAMLphp library for
  generating correct AssertionConsumerServiceURL which solves this
  issue.