Can you please provide more information on your server environment? It
sounds like performance was reduced. The portfolios ready for release go
into the export queue and are only processed when server resources are
available.

** Changed in: mahara

  Long delays after release of ePortfolio for archiving

Status in Mahara:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Since upgrading from 18.04 we have noticed a long delay for the group
  archiving process following the release of an ePortfolio from a group
  back to a student. It used to take 30mins for a 1 page eportfolio
  featuring 10 PDFs and 4 word documents to archive to LEAP2A. It is now
  taking more than 1 hour since we upgraded to 18.10.

  Interestingly we have found that the archiving is hanging for the
  first two submissions, but then if you submit a third ePortfolio and
  then release it that can hasten the first two into completing the
  archiving process. Upon checking the archived LEAP2A files they are
  fine.

  This is going to be a bit of a headache for us as students often
  accidentally submit before they are supposed to and 1 hour or more is
  a very long delay before they can resume work on their ePortfolio. As
  a result we are going to have to turn off archiving during submissions
  and then turn it on again in each group prior to ePortfolio release.

  Steps to complete:
  1. Student submits ePortfolio to a group which has archiving turned on.
  2. Academic releases ePortfolio back to student from the group.
  3. There is a long waiting period. Currently over 1 hour.