In Mahara 18.10 we introduced the possibility to copy a group portfolio
into the accounts of regular group members.

** Changed in: mahara

  Templates sent from admin to users

Status in Mahara:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  New Feature Enhancement.
  Hello,
  At the Scottish Mahara User Group conference earlier this year there were
some suggestions for feature enhancements. One of these was to have a
capability for admin (site/institution or group)/staff/tutors to be able to
send a template page (or collection) directly to the personal portfolios of
other users (students) within an institution or group to pre-populate their
portfolio.  For those who make heavy use of templates to get users started,
this would get around the existing workflow of each user having to go to their
portfolio, click copy a page, and find it in the site (in large sites this is
bewildering with thousands of shared pages).
  My personal preference would be to manage this via group membership and admin
rights, like a reverse of the 'submit page to group' functionality, instead
sending a page to all members.
  Regards, Gordon.