Hi Robert - a couple of smaller things that may or not be issues:
1. When image block created/edited:
1.1 filename is displayed when Description is selected (instead of entered
description)
1.2. file preview is not displayed in the Details & comments sidebar.
2. Should animated SVGs still display as animated ?  I have not had one display
as expected and a couple cause errors.
And one bigger one:
3. Deleting svg files (maybe just animated ones) via the File Manager cause
errors to display on both the Files home page and also sometimes on page/s that
used to use a deleted file.  I'm investigating this further and have pasted
this comment into the launchpad ticket with a zip file containing a screenshot
of the Files error and several test svg files (different types: plain, with
transforms & animated).  Will add further detail when I have it.

** Attachment added: "SVGFilesDeleteArtefacts.zip"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1681571/+attachment/5370615/+files/SVGFilesDeleteArtefacts.zip

  Allow upload of SVG to use in portfolio pages

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  All modern browsers support SVG and so should we in Mahara. Currently,
  you can't upload them to an image block because the format is not
  recognized.

  Bug #1681573 deals with the support for inline SVG for easy
  manipulation as a follow-on wishlist item.