Public bug reported:

I have an upload issue which I can re-create all the time.
If I upload any file (artefact/file/index.php) using the drag and drop files
method, the progress bar hangs and never disappears but the file uploads
eventually, refreshing the page confirms this.
If I use the 'Choose files' button, I do not have this issue.
In both cases clamav is activated. If I deactivate clamav the 'drag and drop
files' method works.
clamav finishes it's scan for the files I have tested, I can see this when I
monitor the running process.
I am not sure how to resolve this issue, both my dev and prod instances
experience this issue, please can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

Mahara Release 19.10.3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
PHP 7.2.29
Apache 2.0
MySql 5.6.36
Browser: Chrome and Firefox

** Affects: mahara

** Tags: clamav fileupload

  Progress upload hangs when uploading files

Status in Mahara:
  New

Bug description: