Public bug reported:

I recently had a client project where I had to use log_debug() a lot due
to the development environment. I found that this was a less than simple
process.

I would propose these be written to the database and full featured
logging area be added to filter and view the logs.

This feature would be under the admin menu and access to the reporting
area would be restricted using the standard roles or to when the site is
not in production mode.

Features could include filters on data range, log type (debug, error,
notice, warn, etc), reporting library/module, user that triggered it,
etc.

Clicking through to an actual log message could intelligently present
the message in a useful manner.  i.e., an array or object could be
presented with kint[1] or similar for easy navigation of large data
objects.

[1] https://kint-php.github.io/kint/

** Affects: mahara

  Improve debug reporting