Public bug reported:

The call to get_group_user_search_results() in searchlib.php has the
potential to throw errors.

There are calls to methods in the current search class.  The first is a
call to 'can_process_raw_group_search_user_queries()' which returns a
boolean.

If true, $queries is set to $query, which is a string.

If false, $queries is built as an array.

After that, 'group_search_user()' is called on the search class.
Currently this passes the request on to
'PluginSearchInternal::group_search_user()'

Here, the $queries is named $query_string.  Tracking this variable
through it is ultimately treated as a string and would through a "trim()
expects parameter 1 to be string, array given" warning.

As far as I can see this would never happen though.

Either we can remove this *or* we should process the $queries array down
to a string before passing it on.

For context, this was found while writing a search plugin.

** Affects: mahara

  Potential error in get_group_user_search_results()

Status in Mahara:
  New

Bug description: