I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to reply before.

Tom, you are mixing up cellphones with laptops. My laptop is completing 3x
years. And this is the first high end laptop that I ever bought. Now
cellphones... I'm on my second one this year. :)

I have an Asus laptop and I haven't had any issues with it. It's an
ultrabook, it came with 6GB RAM and a 500+24GB hybrid HD. Actually 500GB HD
and another 24GB on the motherboard. I changed the HD to a solid state
256GB.

I was looking at the lenovo ultrabooks, but I can't really find a good
excuse to buy one right now as my laptop is still running and performing
like a champ.

Last week I was actually looking at the Windows Surface Pro 4 to use at
work. They are actually pretty fast and cool, but a bit expensive. And they
come with Windows 10... but still, I can't convince myself to spend that
much money on a computer to run Windows. And even though Ubuntu runs on the
surface, it's not a desktop that is ready for touch screen.

As for the router, I've had the Asus AC1750 with DD-WRT running at home for
probably 2 years without a problem.

--
Victor Mendonça
http://wazem.org/ <http://wazem.org/>