Worldwide Pantnagar Alumni Association (WPAA)
Monthly Newsletter, March 7, 2002

[Sponsored advt........]

(For sponsoring this monthly newsletter, please send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED])

Greetings !

Feb 2002 though a short month, did happen to be one of the most active months for
WPAA. During this period, we managed to get the most important job done. That's right
!

!!! WE DELIVERED THE FUND DRIVE COLLECTION TO THE UNIVERSITY !!!

The 'Fund Drive' has been a gigantic effort lasting over two years. WPAA Executive
Committee, Representatives and all others involved really need to be commended for
putting in countless hours of their hard-work and continuous support for making it a
great accomplishment. It just would not have been possible without this teamwork.
Special thanks go the all those who contributed funds and helped us make this this
effort a success. And not to forget Prof. O P Singhal, Head, Computer Engineering
Department, who was the real force behind this entire effort. I would like to thank
Prof Singhal for providing us with all the motivation and encouragement for taking on
this effort. Thank you, Sir.

The complete details with the listing of all the contributors will be sent out soon.

Having said that, I still feel we could definitely do a much better job in raising
funds for our 'Fund Drive'. One really has to wonder why an alumni association with
almost 1000 members worldwide could not seek a contribution of USD 8000 over a period
of two years ! Anyway, it was our first such effort and all the lessons that we have
learnt during the course of this drive will help us plan better for such endeavors in
future.

Folks, as you all might know that we have a minimal membership fee for the
association. This fee helps us take care of all its maintenance expenses and also in
planning projects for the benefit of Pantnagar students and our alma mater. I would
like to remind you to please take a minute and send in your payments to any of the
following two addresses depending upon where you live. Further details are available
at http://wpaa.org/

Mr. Girish Solanki       !  Mr. Joseph Dolphin
Treasurer, WPAA          !  Representative, WPAA
7811 Chambers Rd #135,   !  Flat 77 Pocket A3 Sector 8,
San Antonio, Texas,      !  Rohini, Delhi - 110085
United States - 78229    !  India

There is a change in mailing-list moderator and the new mailing-list moderator is WPAA
Vice-President, Dr. Piyush Singh. This move is going to help us provide you with
better and more efficient services since I will be able to concentrate better on other
tasks now. On behalf of WPAA, I would like to thank Dr. Piyush Singh for accepting
this responsibility and wish him all the best.

And finally, a reminder that we love to hear from you - your feedback, comments and
anything that you would like us to know, is highly appreciated. Please write to us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here are the tasks that WPAA is currently working on:

1. Fund Drive: Status update !
2. Recent WPAA Events - Get-together in Lucknow on Feb 27
3. Mentor Program
4. WPAA Chapters - WPAA - Haryana, a new chapter
5. ONE MORE THING
6. Welcome aboard

***1*** Fund Drive: Finally, we accomplished the task and delivered the fund
collection to Vice-Chancellor, GBPUAT. These funds were collected for Computer
Engineering Department, College of Technology and will be eventually disbursed to
them. Please stay tuned for the detailed report which should be coming to you in a day
or two.

***2*** Recent WPAA Event: Get-together in Lucknow on Feb 27
The only information I have is the contact person - Laxman Mehra, Tech, 1994 batch.
Please contact Laxman Mehra for details and if you do get some, please share it with
the list.

***3*** Mentor Program:
Total Mentors: 39
Total Mentees: 12

WPAA would like to thank all the participants in the Mentor Program and wishes them
the best.

And for all those who have volunteered to help in this Program, please update your
mentor-comments and put in how exactly you can contribute. Please provide your contact
details and convenient times so that potential mentees can get in touch with you.

***4*** WPAA Chapters: WPAA - Haryana, a new chapter
WPAA would like to thank the Coordinator of the chapter, Bhawani Shanker Pandey, for
taking this initiative and wish him all the best. Bhawani, please let us know if you
need to setup a separate web page, chat room, mailing-list or any other such web
presence for your chapter.

If you are a Coordinator of a WPAA chapter, a member of another Pantnagar association
or know about one, please log your entry here and share it with rest of us.

Following chapters have registered so far:
- WPAA-Bangalore - Manish Tyagi
- WPAA-Europe - Rajesh Kumar
- WPAA-Mumbai - Manjit S Yadav
- All India Pantnagar Alumni Association (AIPAA) - Pradeep K Garg
- WPAA-Hyderabad - Shekhar Awasthi
- Pantnagar Alumni Association - Dehradun - Amardeep Baliyaan
- WPAA-Gujarat - Sanjay Gauba
- WPAA-Haryana - Bhawani Shanker Pandey

Check out the complete details about these associations at WPAA website. Do not forget
to check out the 'Members Directory' for each association.

***5*** ONE MORE THING
"Monotony is the law of nature. Look at the monotonous manner in which the sun rises.
The monotony of necessary occupations is exhilarating and life-giving" - Gandhi

***6*** And finally, here is a list of new members:
Total members as of today: 959
Total nos. of mailing-list subscribers: 683

Following is the list of 27 members who joined WPAA in the month of February. Please
join me in welcoming them on board.

Mr Joy Banerjee, 1998 batch, Technology
Mr Omprakash Nainwal, 1985 batch, Agriculture
Mr Yogeshwar Singh, 1993 batch, Post Graduate Studies
Mr Rajeev Goyal, 1984 batch, Technology
Mr Vishal Gupta, 1995 batch, Technology
Mr Peter Emmanuel, 1974 batch, Agriculture
Dr Ritesh Tandon, 1995 batch, Veterinary
Mr Shirish Bharti, 1994 batch, Forestry
Mr Shalin Mahar, 1993 batch, Technology
Mr Ashok Baranwal, 1997 batch, Post Graduate Studies
Mr Sanjay Gupta, 1997 batch, Technology
Mr Dhruva Sanyal, 1986 batch, Agriculture
Mr Girish Dhamija, 1988 batch, Technology
Mr Sidhartha Srivastava, 0 batch, Agriculture
Dr Omar Bamaga, 1994 batch, Post Graduate Studies
Mrs Shraddha Bharati, 1991 batch, Home Science
Mr Heera Bisht, 1985 batch, Technology
Mr Arvind Tomar, 1994 batch, Post Graduate Studies
Mr Tapas Dass, 1975 batch, Post Graduate Studies
Mr Shekhar Srivastava, 1993 batch, Technology
Dr Dinesh Singh, 1977 batch, Veterinary
Dr Raghu Singh, 1978 batch, Basic Science & Humanities
Mr Rakesh Pant, 1996 batch, Technology
Mrs Reeta Narang Sood, 1988 batch, Basic Science & Humanities
Mr Deepak Aggarwal, 1994 batch, Technology
Mr Heera Bisht, 1985 batch, Veterinary
Mr Bhawani Shanker Pandey, 1985 batch, Technology

Have a great day !
Administrator, WPAA