dear , For VOIP chat with gtalk facility ,I use Empathy chat client.you can add below repo to your debian: deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/telepathy/ubuntu intrepid main deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/telepathy/ubuntu intrepid main
Regards , Prakash On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Sameer Mohamed Thahir < [email protected]> wrote: > Hello Sanalkumar Sir, > > I have tried the raw jingle library for gtalk and was able to use it for > voice, > but it was just a command line tool and the voice although perfectly > synched > was of very low quality, reason being the audio codec supporting only > 64kbps. > > http://www.zerobeat.in/2008/05/04/libjingle-release/ > > Anyway libjingle has been integrated into the empathy project > http://live.gnome.org/Empathy > http://gnubreeze.blogspot.com/2008/10/gtalk-on-gnulinux-desktop.html > > which uses it for voice chat with gmail contacts, > it also has support for video(multiple video conferencing). > > I have not tested empathy yet, but will do it soon on debian lenny, > with hopefully exciting results. > > Thank You > > Regards > Sameer Mohamed Thahir > > > On Sunday 14 December 2008 08:49 PM, sanalkumar mr wrote: > >> Dear all.....I've installed KOPETE and for gtalk QCA TLS plugin was also >> installed and I'm getting gmail contacts in kopete.But the real problem is >> that still voice chat is out of reach. Some forums say that >> libqca2-plugin-ossl also is required .That I didn't get. If , >> libqca2-plugin-ossl , solves the problem , how it is to be installed and >> from where ? ( I'm using Debian etch/ i...@school version ) and I installed >> KOPETE from debian etch backports and it is kopete 0.12.3. <http://0.12.3 >> .> >> (Pidgin does not support gtalk- voice chat.... in my experience)....any >> way out.....Thanks in advance...... >> >> -- >> mrnair >> ------------------------------------------------------------------------ >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Mailinglist mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://ilug-cochin.org/mailman/listinfo/mailinglist_ilug-cochin.org >> >> > > > _______________________________________________ > Mailinglist mailing list > [email protected] > http://ilug-cochin.org/mailman/listinfo/mailinglist_ilug-cochin.org > -- Use Linux Operating System.Free Yourself from Windows and Viruses,trogens.. Use Free Or Swatanthra Softwares.learn more at: http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net/ http://fsf.org Windows Vista is evil: http://badvista.fsf.org
_______________________________________________ Mailinglist mailing list [email protected] http://ilug-cochin.org/mailman/listinfo/mailinglist_ilug-cochin.org
