Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

>In other words, the solution to the bug is not to reject things
>with a (validly used) '%' but to fix the program so that strings
>containing a '%' don't generate an error.

I realize this thread has taken on a life of its own, but please note
that the bug report with which I started this thread does not claim
that '%' is or should be invalid in an e-mail address.

What it does report is the fact that in certain contexts, if one gives
an otherwise invalid e-mail address that happens to also contain a '%'
(for example, user%name.example.com which is invalid because it
doesn't contain '@'), the attempt to report the invalid address back
to the user gives a 'We're sorry, we hit a bug!' error.

To see this in action, go to the web admin pages for a list and try to
add an address like the one in the previous paragraph to owner,
moderator, ban_list or *_these_nonmembers.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,