Hi everyone,

I have a little itch with Mailman and would like to know the best way to scratch it for everyone.

I've looked into the current bzr version and the templates are still very old HTML, using hard-coded styles and, in some places, incorrect markup and unclosed tags (I can dig some examples up if necessary.) I can't come up with a proper reason to keep using outdated HTML, but I'm happy to be corrected if there is a specific reason to keep it so.

I've also found an attempt to bring the markup up to date in this bug report with an attached patch from 4 years ago;

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/398030

However, the patch is pretty large and incorporating it into the codebase would be non-trivial (plus it's certainly outdated), so I understand why it's been sitting there forgotten.

I'd like to take up the task of reviewing the patch and create a branch where changes would be properly documented in commit logs, following the Mailman development guidelines, so that it could be easily merged into the main branch.

I would only like to ask the Mailman devs if this would be a desirable goal, since it only makes sense for me to work on this if there's openness for this to be included in the main branch.

I've searched for previous instances of this discussion, so please excuse me if I missed any existing efforts on this front, and would appreciate any kind of pointers with regards to updating HTML and including CSS in Mailman templates.

Thank you!
:r