On 2015-01-13, 1:35 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
I want to install, and use, MM 3.  I'm on a single-user, Debian 7
server, and control the whole thing.

Is it important to use a virtual environment?  I'm sure I will be
updating from the development branch until the stable release, and I
am prepared to have interruptions in service along the way.

It *can* make your life easier if you're running multiple versions of python (which is why developers often like to use it) but it's definitely not required (even then!). As a core dev, I don't use it on some of my development machines.

 Terri