Sreyanth writes:
 > Hi Terri & others
 >
 > I am Sreyantha Chary (you can call me Sreyanth), a current MBA student at
 > IIM Ahmedabad. I have been a GSoC student for the past 2 years and would
 > like to hack on Mailman this year.
 >
 > I am interested in implementing the *anonymous *users feature and
 > dashboards for admins/owners/mods
 >
 > I have a few questions in mind about the anonymous users feature.
 >
 >    1. Lets say a user A sends an email and it gets disguised as
 >    <foo>@<bar>. Should the user B who sends another anon email gets disguised
 >    as <foo>@<bar>?

No.  Each user's "disguised address" (I think the term most used is
"alias") needs to be different from other users.  The real-id-to-alias
mapping might be consistent for the whole site, only within a list or
a thread, or even be regenerated per-post, depending on the use case.
It might be an option, or you can pick one.  There has been discussion
of this on-list, see the archives.

 >    2. How do we store the email mapping? The email identifier mapped to the
 >    user's email or list's subscriber id for that user?

That's a requirements issue that you should think about and tell us
what you decide and why.

 >    Are we looking at implementing an encryption/decryption
 >    algorithm here for additional security?

Depends on the threat model, that is, whose anonymity you want to
protect from whom.