Hello

I recently submitted my proposal for Dynamic Sublists, since I haven't had
much discussion on this idea with mentors it would be nice to have some
reviews. I request Terri, Barry and Steve to have a look whenever they find
suitable and other mentors can also help me if they wish too.

There are many sections in the proposal for which I particularly need
reviews like
1. Dealing with two different delimiter inside rules and I'm confused in
selecting between command runners and new Dlist runners.
2. The implementation of dlists in mailman2.1 by systers uses a second
pipeline for dlists. But it might be possible that we could re-use the
existing default-posting-pipeline with a new dlist-recipeints handler. Or
we could just modify calculate-recipients handler to check for dlists and
calculate the recipients like it is calculated in dlist-recipeints handler.
Personally I would like to have a separate pipeline and handler to keep the
whole process clean and to reduce the errors caused by the checks (assuming
the implementations of theory is not always perfect), but I am open to the
opinions from the mentors.

I have written the proposal according to my understanding of Systers'
implementation in Mailman 2.0 and Mailman 3.0's architecture and I assume
there are many changes required in the proposal.

I also need some help with my time-line, though I am thinking of
implementing the thread based model for message in mailman in my early
stages and send an upstream pull request since many of the GSoC project are
using this functionality.

--

*Pranjal Yadav*

*IIT Kharagpur*