On 11/08/2017 12:03 AM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
New images are available on quay.io and, moving forward, the rest of
the image builds will also be moved to Quay[4][5].
Since docker deployment is currently the recommended install, with manual installs using the master branches for "experts" I wonder why you are using Quay. It looks like it's a non-free system. Why use Quay but refuse to use a non-free translation system like transifex?
These images are built using git-heads *only* if they are passing our
test suite and are re-generated weekly. You should be aware that while
all these components are tested with their individual test suites, their
combination might sometimes not be stable. This will get you
updates/bug-fixes much faster :)
This contradicts what you said in my merge request for Postorius
https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/merge_requests/232#note_43388756

You either use released versions, or make sure that the master branches are always compatible. You can't have both with the current development model.
If this campaign succeeds, here is a road map of what I intend to get
done:
Sounds great, what is the limit where the campaign succeeds? What will happen to the funds if it doesn't?
   - Add Admin Dashboard project from GSoC 2014 (maybe?)
Didn't find anything using google. What is that project about?
- Add better testing of container images and provide deployment
   instructions for Kubernetes & Docker Swarm
To be honest, I don't think we should all in on containers.
Yes they are nice, but I guess most people would prefer distro packages.
Even if people want containers, I for instance would prefer plain systemd-nspawn
- Improve the container images to work with new micro-services
architecture,
   to achieve scaling and redundancy in services.
The current bottleneck is the rest api from core. IMO bulk actions, filtering and sorting should be added there before trying to have multiple postorius/hyperkitty instances serving the same core...