Gene Shuman writes:

 > Over the past few months I've developed an patch for Mailman 3,
 > <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/252> giving it ARC
 > <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-09> email
 > authentication capabilities.  The work is (99%)completed, and it just needs
 > somebody to do a final review of the ARC functionality itself so I can
 > implement any requested changes.

So at this point we have two complete ARC patches, yours and Aditya
Divekar's from last year's GSoC which I mentored, and I'm pretty sure
somebody else is working on it.  I think somebody else mentioned a
patch, too.

 > I had been working with Barry Warsaw,

I wish he'd mentioned it....

 > who had done a preliminary stylistic review, and subsequently, I've
 > eliminated all raised issues.  The branch is rebased as of last
 > week, and passes all of qa, except one instance, which is something
 > I'd like to discuss with somebody. (It fails a style test for line
 > lengths in a test file which contains a bunch of cryptographic
 > hashes).

I don't understand.  Python offers several ways to deal with this,
such as

    sha_values = ["0123456789012345678901234567890123456789"]
    foo(sha_value[0])

or if they're really long, adjacent strings will concatenate:

    foo("01234567890123456789"
        "01234567890123456789")

I would think either would be fine, depending on your preferred
style.  Abhilash Raj (who just received the baton from Barry) would
have the final say.

I guess the main question I have at this point is whether you've
participated in any of the interoperability testing that the ARC
developers have done.

I'll take a look at your MR and see if there are any features that
differ across the implementations.  Right now I'm buried until the
13th for sure, and more likely until Christmas.  I definitely will be
able to work on it during the holiday vacation, though.

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull/sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information