Hi Robin,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018, at 2:11 PM, Robin Vanhove wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have noticed that HyperKitty and Postorius are both dependent on the
> allauth app of which they only use the EmailAddress model. It is
> understandable to use this because the wheel should not be reinvented,
> but this does make it more difficult to add these to an existing django
> project that does not use allauth.
>
> Would it be possible to make this dependency optional if the email field
> of the default user model can be trusted?

The original intent was to not force users to use allauth and instead allow
them to use their own preferred method for authentication in Django.

> I would be willing to do some work on this myself if I can find the time
> and someone is willing to point me in the right direction.

I am not sure how interwined allauth is at this moment with P & HK, but I'd be
willing to help you if you want to work on it.

Have you tried to modify AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS in settings.py to whatever you
want to use for authentication? Did that not help?

The reason we ended up with allauth's EmailAddress model is because we wanted
to support multiple emails per user, which Django doesn't allow by default (the
last time I checked, which was a while ago!).

--
 thanks,
 Abhilash Raj (maxking)