Hello everyone.

I have been a long time supporter of Mailman 2 and now 3. Most of my experience
with Mailman has been as a service provider that offers managed mailman hosting
both for version 2 and 3. I do have the benefit of a decade+ of insight into
the use of Mailman from a list admin, moderator, and member point of view
simply via my support ticket system that my Mailman clients have access to.

I want to say that I appreciate all of the hard work that has been put into
bringing Mailman 3 to life. I also appreciate the forward thinking that shows
itself in the including of a REST api with Mailman 3 and the use of and support
of databases such as postgreSQL and MySQL.

I have been using Mailman 3 for over a year now in a commercial/production
environment and have installed it on several servers using Docker and now from
source. I received quite a bit of feedback from users this past year and also
lost about 20% of my Mailman 3 users to other competing list/forum
applications. The feedback I received was almost entirely due to shortcomings
in the user interface.

After much thought, I have decided to break away from the use of
Postorius/Hyperkitty. Tomorrow a PHP developer will begin work on brand new
admin interface on my behalf. Here are my goals:

1. Modernize the admin interface to meet modern design and interface standards.

2. To provide an easy installation approach to the setup and portability of the
admin interface.

3. To reveal everything that Mailman core has via the new admin interface and
perhaps to bring in additional features such as the ability to migrate a
Mailman 2 list into a Mailman 3 list from a browser interface.

4. To bring in the use of stats that a list admin would like to see such as
overall number of list members, which list is generating the most bounces,
subscription/unsubscription rates, etc.

5. To provide a list creation wizard for list admins that will automatically
create a list that has preset settings in place based upon the input during the
list creation wizard.

I am sure there are many hurdles to overcome in the process. When the
inevitable questions arises that pertain anything to the Mailman side of this
project, I hope I can count on this list for assistance. I am also interested
in seeing if I can recruit some of you to test out the new admin interface for
usability testing when I reach that stage. I am interested to find out if some
of you that have enough experience in PHP to help contribute to this project.
Bootstrap 4 and User Interface design skills would also be appreciated.

The name of the new admin interface: Affinity

Wish me well with this new project and let me know on or off list of anything
that you would like to see change, removed, implemented into a new admin
interface.

Brian