Emanuel,

Mailman-Developers is not the best place to send this.  Such problems
are rarely bugs, and the active developers all read Mailman-Users
frequently.  You should send inquiries about installation and
configuration problems to mailman-us...@mailman3.org, because it's
quite possible that other users (== site and list admins, not
subscribers!) have encountered your problem.  You're much more likely
to get a *timely* and useful answer there, simply because there are
more knowledgeable folks there -- including us.

costavitor...@gmail.com writes:

 > I'm testing sending emails by telnet to a mailing list.

Test-mail-by-telnet is useful to check if you can connect to Mailman
on a port.  Otherwise it is a risky idea unless you are a serious
standards geek and a perfectionist, and even then it's a PITA.
Mailman does quite a few checks on mail for distribution, and may
*shunt* mail that does not conform to RFCs 821 and 822, may *discard*
mail that has no body after MIME processing, and will *hold, discard,
or reject* mail that matches various other rules.

I strongly recommend that you use a regular mail client, or a
preformatted test mail and inject it with an MTA.  Even a very simple
one (Berkeley mail or mailx are quick to start) will do (as long as
you stick to pure ASCII mail).  That removes one variable from the
diagnosis process.

Steve