Shubhank Saxena writes:

 > My name is Shubhank(https://gitlab.com/shubhank-saxena).

Welcome, Shubhank!

 > I have now started to write a proposal in the same direction and I was
 > wondering how can I start the discussion regarding the Mailman Core
 > projects that are given on the webpage (
 > https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google%20Summer%20of%20Code%202021). I am
 > interested in the project "Support for REST Callbacks in Core".

That starts the discussion. :-)  Tell us about why you're interested
in that task, what you plan to do (to the extent you know -- some
people know a lot, some people know almost nothing, I can't say that
coming in with knowledge doesn't give the former a headstart, but for
those in the "know little" situation, plenty of students have caught
up in the past, you can do it too!)  If you have questions about
what's expected, what part of the docs and code to start reading, etc,
asking those questions is a good place to start.

 > Also, is the IRC channel active?

Well, it's open.  At present, the core developers/mentors are in UTC-7
and UTC+9, so getting together online at the same time is non-trivial.
It will be more active now that GCSoC applications are open (sorry, my
client seems to be unhappy after system upgrades, so I'm not online at
the moment).  You can find me as yaseppochi and Abhilash as maxking in
#mailman.

 > I did not see any conversations happening so I was wondering if the
 > mode of communication has shifted strictly to the mailing list?

It depends on what we're doing.  Up until now everybody was mostly
working solo, Abhilash on Mailman 3, Mark on Mailman 2 and user
support, me on user support and GSoC prep.  So "asynchronous"
communication by mailing list made sense.  It also provides a less
ephemeral record than IRC (yes logs, but AFAICS most people don't keep
logs all that much).

Regards,
Steve