Thanks.  Looking at one of the notifications, I see this is a DKIM failure.:
The response from the remote server was:

550 5.7.9 This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated.
Yahoo requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM.
Authentication results: DKIM = FAILURE - SPF XXX.org with ip X.Y.Z.W =
SUCCESS. See
https://senders.yahooinc.com/smtp-error-codes/#authentication-failures for
more information.
This has worked for a long time.  What would suddenly cause DKIM failures?



On Thu, May 7, 2026 at 11:02 AM Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users <
[email protected]> wrote:

> The first thing I’d do is look at the outgoing mail logs. If it’s bouncing
> 1/3rd of your users, it’s very likely it’s one or two whole domains that
> are bouncing, probably because your IP has been black listed or you don’t
> have DKIM set up right or something like that. The outgoing mail logs might
> tell you that. Also, don’t you get a copy of the “disabling bounce”? I
> always get one of that when somebody gets bounced off the list. The bounce
> message itself usually gives you a clue as well - I think it’s in an
> attachment called email.eml or something like that.
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2026, at 10:39 AM, Stephen Daniel wrote:
> > Colleagues --
> >
> > I run a small mailman3 server with perhaps 10 lists.  All the lists are
> > small.
> >
> > Over the past two days about a third of the users in my most active list
> > have been disabled by bounces. I assume the problem is with my setup, not
> > with all of those users.
> >
> > How do I debug this?  Can I see the text of any of the bounce messages to
> > understand why the emails bounced?
> >
> > This issue might stem from my running somewhat old software.  Currently
> > running mailman 3.3.5.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -- Stephen Daniel
> > _______________________________________________
> > Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
> > To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
> > https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
> > Archived at:
> >
> https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/F4GUIWJWZYENX2R5G6WIDZLOGR6BOWQG/
> >
> > This message sent to [email protected]
>
> --
> Paul Tomblin
> _______________________________________________
> Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
> https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
> Archived at:
> https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/RR3TXJOZ42VK3Q3RJYNNPC4KGZ7AAPCX/
>
> This message sent to [email protected]
>
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/C54XHAFJR2QZUENEIUHCCCTOJTUQGEXG/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to