Hi,

I have a list set with "French" as its preferred language.

The default emails such as the Confimation and Welcome get sent French.

My browser (Chrome) has its default language set as French, and my PC's region and language are set as French.

When I view the list's "Info" Postorius page I see some parts translated ...

1. Menu and button words are translated okay. eg:
ENGLISH: Sign In
FRENCH: S'identifier

2. Page heading words are translated okay. eg:
ENGLISH: Subscription / Unsubscription
FRENCH: Abonnement / désabonnement

3. Page text fails. eg.
ENGLISH: You have to sign in to visit the archives of this list.
FRENCH:  Is in English.

Looking at the .po file ...

/opt/mailman/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/mailman/messages/fr/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po

"PO-Revision-Date: 2024-06-25 17:09+0000\n"

None of the msgid strings for the 3 examples appear in the mailman.po file.

So, as some strings are translated and others not (yet none appear in the mailman.po file), I'm thinking that either there is another translation file somewhere for Postorius that needs updating, or the missing msgid s were not included in the original .pot file.

Am I on the right track?
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/FN55JJENQBLD5UXNF7LYGBHR3M3QNKXU/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to