On Fri, Jun 12, 2026, at 6:46 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 6/12/26 3:03 PM, Paul Tomblin via Mailman-users wrote:
>> 
>> Can i append or pre-pend another transport file in the transport_maps 
>> listing and put in the entry for this domain that's been bouncing people off 
>> my list because of too many simultaneous connections?
>
> I don't know what the transport for this domain would be, but the 
> transport_maps setting can contain any number of lookup tables. See 
> <https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps>.

It appears you set up a transport with a lower concurrency limit in master.cf 
like so:
slow_smtp unix -       -       n       -       -       smtp
  -o slow_smtp_destination_concurrency_limit=5

Then you put an entry in your transport map like so:
example.com     slow_smtp:

I believe I had something similar on my previous server, but I discarded it 
because I wasn't sure how well it would play with this lmtp stuff that Mailman 
was putting in. But remember how I was getting dozens of people bounced off one 
of my lists all at once, and most of them were at a particular domain? Yeah, 
this is the underlying cause. Our biggest local ISP doesn't like it when I've 
got 3 emails going out, and 30+ people at that domain on all of them.

-- 
Paul Tomblin
_______________________________________________
Mailman-users mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
https://lists.mailman3.org/mailman3/lists/mailman-users.mailman3.org/
Archived at: 
https://lists.mailman3.org/archives/list/[email protected]/message/FRKVLWCVE5SY3OQU5ZCBY66AFLWN2J4B/

This message sent to [email protected]

Reply via email to