Richard,

I was half way through writing another email to explain where I was at.
 You nailed the situation down with this one.  I had missed the ****in
obvious and replaced LINK with DIR - must have stopped thinking for a
little.  Since then, I had blow it away, and correctly configured it.
 Now, nightly_htdig from the command line does bitch the first time I
run it, but no output the second time.  Regardless how many times I run
it, I get all files except the db.words.db in the appropriate directory,
and the web error descrbed below follows.

Thanks again!

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst