At 22:38 08/11/2001 -0800, jgo wrote:
> > I just set up my first mailing list and I'm a bit
> > confused about one thing.  At the moment any mail
> > sent to the list waits for me to approve it.  Can
> > I set it up so that all the postings from the
> > members go straight to the other list members
> > without me being involved?
>
>Here's the way I found:
>
>bin/config_list -o somefiletoholdconfig listname
>
>vi somefiletoholdconfig
>:s/moderated = 1/moderated = 0/
>:wq
>
>bin/config_list -i comefiletoholdconfig listname

It is probably simpler to go to the Privacy page of the web UI for
administering the list where you will find the "Must posts be approved by
an administrator?" option under the  "General posting filters" heading.
This set the list variable 'moderated'.

You might also like to check out the default value of the Mailman
configuration variable DEFAULT_MODERATED in $prefix/Mailman/Defaults.py and
check if that has been overridden in $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py. This sets
the default value for new lists when they are created. In the standard
distribution it usually defaults to value 0 (zero) which means the list is
not moderated.