At 16:20 29/05/2002 +0200, Zdenek Pizl wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>  i am struggling with problem of empty result page while searching mailist
>archive. Do i have missing some templates or is there some "hack" to be done?
>
>                                                                 with regards
>
>Z. P.

Not a lot to go on in trying to determine what is causing your problem.

First, there is no undocumented "hack" to getting the mailman-htdig patches
working that I am aware of. Most of the "hacking" is documented in the
$build/INSTALL.htdig-mm that the 444884 patch adds.

I'll assume you got a list which has archiving turned on, has had posts to
it since the integration patches were installed and archiving was turned
on, and either you or cron have subsequently run the
$prefix/cron/nightly_htdig script. As a consequence, I'll assume that the
search form has been added to the TOC page for this list and its in
response to completing and submitting that form that you are getting an
empty page response.

You do not say whether you've used htsearch other that via the Mailman list
TOC forms and whether it has worked or not. No matter.

One possible problem may be with your htdig installation. htsearch will try
and use the various templates in htdig's COMMON_DIR as defined during
installation of htdig (see http://www.htdig.org/htsearch.html) to render
its response. It is possible that some problem in configuring or installing
htdig may mean that htsearch cannot find the templates in htdig's
COMMON_DIR and this is the cause of the problem.

If this SWAG doesn't help then you'll need to supply a bit more information
to help track down the problem.