On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Tim Hutchinson wrote:
> I have recently begun enforcing a plain text only policy based on the
> instructions in FAQ 3.10:
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#3.10
> (adding header values to Privacy Options -> Spam-specific posting
> filters, e.g. Content-Type: .*mixed)
>
> The problem is that this has cast the net a little too wide.  At least
> one subscriber use AVG virus protection software, which adds a text
> attachment to every e-mail.  This results in a header of
> multipart/mixed, so the post gets held as having a suspicious header.

You might find it easier to use a tool which strips MIME out of
your email and leaves behind plaintext.  There are four options
in the FAQ:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#4.13

I wrote stripmime and use it, but any of them should work.  It
will only keep text/plain sections and flattens them all to
a single body.

An advantage of this method is that you don't need to continously
teach list members to turn off HTML in their email client.

alex