Title: Errors installing mailman-2.0.13 / Python-2.2.1 / Solaris 8

 ./configure returns errors installing mailman-2.0.13 with Python-2.2.1 under the Solaris 8 operating environment, Ultra 5.

The initial errors I encounter were with the UID and group ID checking.
I fixed these by following the advice from the post below:
Re: [Mailman-Users] Solaris install problem

================================
"David Sammons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: DS>
You have a module "pwd" in python2.../Modules/Setup which it's commented, just uncomment that and
re-compile python and if it's necessary MM too...

But the odd this is that with Python 2.2.1, it should auto-detect and automatically build the pwd module, without hacking Setup. If id doesn't do that, then there's a problem with the Python build process, but I didn't see that when I built it on SourceForge's compile farm. -Barry"

==================================

Now the script runs until this point:

checking for mail wrapper GID... 60001
checking for CGI wrapper GID... 60001
checking for CGI extensions... no
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "conftest.py", line 2, in ?
    from socket import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
    from _socket import *
ImportError: No module named _socket
> pwd

Anyone have an idea how to edit the /Python-2.2.1/Modules/Setup file, or should I look for another combination of source codes?

Thank you,

-Jeff Friedman