I just got an interesting telephone call from the brother of a client of mine; he works for a large company, a name most of you would recognize, and is dissatisfied with the "blast" emailing services being provided to them by their current host. He's asking for a quote from me, and I've got no idea where to start.

I usually do hosting for small businesses, and some of them want discussion lists, and I use them myself. That's what I have mailman for. It working so well is probably what got me this referral.

He says they send out one or two messages per week, to a list of between 10-15,000 subscribers.

My mail server is a beige G3 Mac running YellowDog Linux, with Postfix and mailman.

What say you?

TIA

Rob