Hi all,

We are attempting to install mailman on a solaris 8 box. We installed python via a
package from sunfreeware.com and compiled and installed mailman from source.

However when we try to access the admin script, we get the following error:
admin(11198): [----- Traceback ------]
admin(11198): Traceback (most recent call last):
admin(11198):   File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 80, in run_main
admin(11198):     import Mailman.pythonlib.cgi
admin(11198):   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/cgi.py", line 35, in ?
admin(11198):     from StringIO import StringIO
admin(11198): ImportError: cannot import name StringIO
admin(11198): [----- Python Information -----]

which is a complete mystery to us, a web search and a search of the archives reveals
that this problem has been reported before in 2001 but no solution was provided, just
the question.

Has anyone got a suggestion for how we can resolve this? What are we doing wrong?

Thanks

Alex Heatley
Unix System Administrator
Systems Management Group
Phone (+64) 4 916 3142
Fax (+64) 4 917 0050

 -------------------------------
 This email message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the
 person(s) or entity(entities) to whom it is addressed. The
 information it contains may be classified as IN CONFIDENCE and may be
 legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any use,
 disclosure or copying of the message or attachment(s) is strictly
 prohibited. If you have received this message in error please
 notify us immediately and destroy it and any attachment(s).
 Thank you. The Ministry of Social Development accepts no
 responsibility for changes made to this message or to any
 attachment(s) after transmission from the Ministry.