I currently have mailman installed on my home machine and use fetchmail to grab list posts, process them on my machine, and then post them. I am going to be replacing my mailserver with a freeBSD machine and want to move mailman to that machine.

I want the move to be transparent to the users with the exception that the webface address will change to match the listname domain.

what prep steps do I need to take once I get mailman installed on the BSD machine before I move all the lists over? Can I move all the lists intact including users and archives, or do I need to recrate the lists?

what's the best way? I'm thinking that simply tarring up the ~mailman and depositing it on the new machine is NOT the best idea.

--
"Don't be nice.  It's Creepy."  Tendo Akane