On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:50:44PM -0400, Vijay G. Bharadwaj wrote:
> I've been running a bunch of mailman lists for about two years now, and
> a couple of months ago I upgraded to version 2.1 from 2.0. Since the
> change, every message sent to any one of our members-only lists is being
> held for approval.
>
> The problem appears to be a change in mailman's address matching
> behavior. Previously, if [EMAIL PROTECTED] was subscribed, email from
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be accepted as well. The new mailman,
> however, doesn't think [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a member, and so holds
> the message for approval.

I believe that this is the intended behavior.  You need to determine if
you want outgoing mail to be [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
you should not use both.  The 2 e-mail addresses are different, and I
think you need to fix the outgoing mail to masquerade
[EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would think the 2.0 behavior, as you specified, is a bug.  How would
you expect it to work if [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]
are different users?  From an outsider's point of view, the most
certainly are.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] is also different than
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - in some cases at my site, they are (root for example).

IMO, 2.1 is doing the right thing and you need to fix your outgoing mail
behavior.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]