On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 10:03:09PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Moreover,
> space characters are not allowed in e-mail addresses.

Actually, according to RFC822 (section 3.4.1), spaces are
allowed in email addresses:

Note: In particular, quoting is NOT permitted within
atoms. For example when the local-part of an addr-spec
must contain a special character, a quoted string must be
used.  Therefore, a specification such as:

        Full\ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

is not legal and must be specified as:

        "Full Name"@Domain

Moreover, I've encounted several bone-headed sys admins
that are assigning email addresses that are of this format.

Of course, when I complained to them that they are idiots
for choosing such email addresses, they pointed me to
RFC822. I still think they are idiots...

Later,
John

--
No one is listening until you make a mistake.

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your mom!