I feel stupid. I have a machine that is our mailserver (Solaris 8) and where mailman is run from. I also have a machine (Solaris 9) that is our webserver. Currently, I am running apache in the mailserver so I can access the mailman pages, but I would like to move that to the webserver. Fromw hat I understood, I could NFS mount the mailman directory to the webserver and then tell apache there to run it. So, I nfs exported the directory (here's the /etc/dfs/dfstab entry):

share -F nfs -o rw=webserver,anon=0 /usr/local/mailman

Then, I mounted the directory

webserver #> mount mailserver:/usr/local/mailman /usr/local/mailman

without a problem (and, yes, I am making a point, for now, to keep the paths in both machines exactly the same). I then setup it in apache's httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
     DocumentRoot "/usr/local/mailman"
     ServerName mailman.my.domain.com
     ScriptAlias /mail/    "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
     ScriptAlias /mailman/    "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
     Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
     CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access.mailman combined
     ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/errors.mailman
</VirtualHost>

And then made sure mailman is now a CNAME to the webserver. Now, when I try to access it, I get nothing but an error message (I would write it here but I disabled the above. If you want, I can redo it all and copy it down). What have I done wrong?