CHANG,HENRY wrote:

>There is an option that states “preserve message for site admin…”  Until
>yesterday I was under the impression that this meant the messages in the
>pending request queue would remain there untouched.  But I was testing it
>out with this option checked and the messages are always deleted from the
>pending requests page unless you select the defer option.
>
>When they specify that a copy is kept for the site administrator do they
>actually mean that the pending message is deleted from the page but saved
>on the machine housing the list messages?

Yes.

>Is this only accessible only by
>those with direct access to the hardware it's stored on and not the list
>admin/mods?

Yes

The message is saved as a plain text file with a .msg extention in a
directory which by default is $prefix/spam (where $prefix is the home
directory of the mailman installation), but it can be any directory
(on the mailman installation machine) as defined by the  mm_cfg.py
SPAM_DIR variable.

If you want it to remain in the admindb interface, you need to 'hold'
it. Otherwise, you can discard it and forward to the list admin.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,