I can't access the logs on a newly-created list on a newly installed mailman (version 2.1.5-6 / debian sid)

If I look at the logs, this seems to be the problem

admin(1853): File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/private.py", line 42, in true_path
admin(1853): parts = [x for x in path.split(SLASH) if x not in ('.', '..')]
admin(1853): NameError: global name 'SLASH' is not defined

here's the source:

def true_path(path):
    "Ensure that the path is safe by removing .."
    parts = [x for x in path.split(SLASH) if x not in ('.', '..')]
    return '/'.join(parts)[1:]

What do the learned developers think of replacing SLASH with '/' or something? I'm just guessing here...