On Apr 13, 2005, at 23:08, Rob Shepherd wrote:

Jim Tittsler wrote:
On Apr 13, 2005, at 20:21, Rob Shepherd wrote:
However, when I try and subscribe an address, two confirmation requests come through. they have different hashes and my mail log shows two different emails
(so it's definatly mailman doing something twice)
Do you get two confirmation mails if you subscribe from the web interface?
(If it is only when trying to subscribe via email, I'd look for broken/superfluous aliases.)

OK then first off I apologise, I was sending "subscribe" to announce-request and not announce-join. Now it sends only with the correct address.

I think there is something else going on, because the -request address should work. I'd suggest double checking your aliases. (~mailman/bin/genaliases can generate the proper list for you.)

However if I follow the link to confirm and then hit "cancel my subscription request"

I get a "we're sorry, we've hit a bug" page.

That is a known bug in Mailman 2.1.5. A patch is available:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=1045909&group_id=103&atid=300103>
or you can upgrade to the Mailman 2.1.6beta version where it has already been fixed.

--
Jim Tittsler     http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship  http://Starship.Python.net/crew/jwt/