Bill Landry wrote:

>I have setup a list server running on Fedora Core 2, with Postfix 2.2.3,
>Mailman 2.1.5, and Python 2.3.4.  I think I followed the Mailman setup and
>configuration guidelines correctly, but am having a problem that I cannot
>find resolution to via google nor by a search of the Mailman list archives.
>
>When sending a message to a test list, the message sits in the queue and

Postfix queue?

>Postfix reports in the maillog:
>
>Jun  6 09:04:55 lists postfix/qmgr[19892]: E16EA6FE2C:
>from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, size=1215, nrcpt=1 (queue
>active)

This looks like mailman has received the post and is trying to notify
the owner/moderator (or maybe deliver the post if there is only one
recipient). Listname-bounces is the usual envelope sender for messages
from Mailman.

>Jun  6 09:04:55 lists postfix/local[19915]: warning: cannot find alias
>database owner for hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases(0,34100)

I don't know postfix and am not sure what this means.

>The permissions on the aliases* files are:
>
>ls -l /usr/local/mailman/data/alias*
>-rw-rw----  1 mailman mailman 107000 Jun  6 08:59 aliases
>-rw-r-----  1 mailman mailman 167936 Jun  6 08:59 aliases.db

aliases.db should be group writable and I think is normally owned by
root which may relate to the above log message.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,