Hi folks,

I have the latest versions of Apache and Cygwin installed on my WinXP
machine.  Under Cygwin, I have Exim installed (and working), and Mailman
(build and installed).

I cannot get Mailman to co-operate with Apache.

Following this advice:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#5.2

I made a user called "mailman" which is a member of a group "mm", then
configured and installed mailman with these.  I ran check_perms and all
permissions are OK.

This is in my Apache config:

ScriptAlias /mailman "C:/cygwin/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"
<Directory "C:/cygwin/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/">
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

When I attempt to access Mailman from my brower, eg.
http://ahualoa.net/mailman/admin.exe

I get:
"Mailman CGI error!!!
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI wrapper script to be
executed as group "mm", but the system's web server executed the CGI
script as group "Administrators".  Try tweaking the web server to run
the script as group "mm", or re-run configure, providing the command
line option `--with-cgi-gid=Administrators'."

Does this really mean I have to force Apache to run as a user in the
"mm" group?  From what I know of Apache, that means forcing it with
suEXEC which is really horribly messy.

There is this advice in the GNU Mailman - Installation Manual, section
10:
"Warning: You want to be very sure that the user id under which your CGI
scripts run is NOT in the mailman group you created above, otherwise
private archives will be accessible to anyone."

This seems to directly contradict the "Mailman CGI error" message - do I
need to run the mailman CGI scripts as "mailman.mm", or not?

Thanks for any help, advice or pointers!

-Ben