Quoting Mark Sapiro ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> If you want to gate a list-member's newsgroup post back to the list,
> but treat non-member posts to the newsgroup the same as non-member
> posts to the list, You need to modify your
> Mailman/Handlers/Moderate.py module and change

A long time ago I gatewayed a mailing list (not Mailman) to a newsgroup,
and then made the newsgroup moderated with the moderator email address set
to the submission address for the mailing list.  That meant nobody could
post to the newsgroup without going through the mailing list software, and
the mailing list software could reject non-members.

If you don't want non-members posting to the newsgroup or the mailing list
that might be worth a try.

--
Paul Tomblin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://blog.xcski.com/
FAQs are like flatulence. Any asshole can produce them.