On 4/8/08 5:20 AM, Jussi Hirvi at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This problem is now solved, I think...
>
> Mark Sapiro ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) kirjoitteli (7.4.2008 17:55):
>> SMTP_MAX_RCPTS is a setting that affects all SMTP delivery. It is not a
>> list setting. Setting it in mm_cfg.py and restarting Mailman is all
>> that is required.
>
> Ok, that's good to know for sure!
>
>> Why do you think it isn't effective?
>
> After restarting Mailman I still got "Too many recipients" errors in the
> Sendmail log (maillog).
>
> Now I checked again, and there are still "Too many recipients" errors, but
> when I check later entries, I find out that the Hotmail emails have finally
> been sent.

The way you phrased that makes it sound like outgoing messages were merely
being deferred for the "too many recipients" error and not bounced. If
that's true, I hope you realize that changing the setting in Mailman only
affects messages given to sendmail after you made the change. Anything
already in sendmail's outgoing queue from before you made the change is not
affected by the change as Mailman is no further involvement with the message
at that point.

--
Larry Stone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]