>That's because you're installing a RedHat package, and the RPM already
>installed /etc/httpd/conf.d/mailman.conf which contains that
>ScriptAlias.

Oh crap.  Another reason I am going toward Solaris 10.  The last thing I'd
do is stick a web server confing file in another directory and include it.
If they would have dropped the mailman config file in the main config
directory, it would have caught my attention.

Burying it elsewhere just does the out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing.

>You should be following the RedHat documentation that came with your
>package, not our generic, install from source documentation.

Ya, that is going to be fun - NOT!  I don't even know where the DVD is at
the moment and have no idea if they actually installed any doumentation.

At this point I'm just going to say screw it until I get the Solaris 10 box
up and running.  The configurations are obviously going to be different as
I have no idea what the Hell they did when mailman was installed.  FYI,
there is no man page for mailman, so there isn't even a hint as to what
they did.

The computer is running, sorta.  The damn processor is running hot and that
is just sitting on the BIOS screen looking at system values.  The AMD
supplied heatsink can't even keep the temp near 40 deg C doing nothing.
In a warm room, trying to install Solaris results in Solaris bitching
that the temp is too hot and stopping.  Sure enough, it was at 61 degrees,
four less than the operational max.

Not your problem.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I'll go away now and compile the source
when I get Sol10 working.  Speaking of that, do you suggest using GNU or
Sun Studio to compile the package?

MB
--
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign