Michael Kabot wrote:

>I have left Plesk managing the Mailman lists to try to keep continuity on my
>server.  It looks like Plesk is not doing a good job of properly configuring
>Mailman or the lists.
>
>The following is an excerpt from my mm_cfg.py
>
>       from socket import *
>       try:
>          fqdn = getfqdn()
>       except:
>          fqdn = 'mm_cfg_has_unknown_host_domains'
>
>       DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = fqdn
>       DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = fqdn
>
>       add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
>       add_virtualhost('lists.[DOMAIN1.COM]')
>       add_virtualhost('lists.[DOMAIN2.COM]')
>      [ADDITIONAL LINES FOR EACH OF THE HUNDREDS OF DOMAINS I HOST]
>
>If there is no 2nd parameter to add_virtualhost, will it create one from the
>1st parameter?

Yes. add_virtualhost('xxx.somedomain') is equivalent to
add_virtualhost('xxx.somedomain', 'somedomain').

It looks that way. See <http://docs.python.org/lib/module-socket.html>.

>Either way, I would rather have a bounced bounce message go
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] than a domain specific email address or the
>mailman-bounces address.  Looks like I can "affect" that in the owner code
>given my Mailman configuration.

You can set that in the scripts/owner script for messages sent directly
to or via the -owner address. This will get some but not all owner
notifications. To get the rest, you also have to look at
Mailman/Message.py. In the definition of the OwnerNotification()
class's __init__ method there is

        sender = Utils.get_site_email(mlist.host_name, 'bounces')

which set's the sender similarly to the way the owner script does
except it usees the list's host_name attribute as the domain of the
mailman-bounces address.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,