If you just want to change the default for new lists, you'll want to change mm_cfg.py so that DEFAULTURLHOST and DEFAULTEMAILHOST use the new domain. This will only have an effect on new lists.

When converting old lists, you'll need to change the values of those variables for each list you want to change. The archives will be untouched by this action.