I have several lists under one domain. I'd like to avoid duplicate posts when the same message is sent to multiple lists on the domain. GNU Mailman version is 2.1.11 supports this. The hosting service I used just updated to GNU Mailman version 2.1.11.

However, when I change the setting for regular_exclude_lists in the admin panel for non-digest options, the new setting has no effect and duplicate messages are still received by the list.

I am a list owner but not site administrator. The hosting service administers the site. I have contacted their technical support, but mine is probably their first request related to this feature. So, they are slow getting back to me.

I do know that they have disabled monthly password reminders so that it doesn't matter what settings I use in that regard, the setting will just be ignored.

Might regular_exclude_lists also have been disabled?

I have created a test site to see if starting from scratch I can get it to work, but I am still waiting for the DNS to propagate,
*
regular_exclude_lists* (nondigest): Other mailing lists on this site whose members are excluded from the regular (non-digest) delivery if those list addresses appear in a To: or Cc: header.
--

Visit Tompkins County & Ithaca Against the War, weblog for Tompkins County War resisters

tompkinsagainstwar.org <http://tompkinsagainstwar.org/>

Subscribe to community event calendar with iCal, Lightning or Sunbird.